The PRDPC sponsors three district-wide fundraisers and one community outreach event in addition to providing funding for teacher appreication event each year.
The jog-a-thon is our largest District wide fundraiser of the year. Each September, all students participate in the event by walking-running for 20-30 min. on a track within their school grounds. This is an important event that raises much needed funds to be used for items such as field trips, art programs, assemblies and supplies that directly benefit the students. Last year the students within the four schools raised over $52,000 for the schools. 90% of the funds raised are retained by the site Parents' Club and the remaining 10% goes to the District to pay for teacher luncheons, 1st day welcome coffee, and to help support 8th grade graduation, 6th grade Science Camp, ASP and other special requests.
*****NEW***** Ocotber Fall Family Fun Night:
The Spirit of Giving Holiday "Free" Shop:
The second Saturday in December the Schools of Pleasant Ridge School District (Alta Sierra, Cottage Hill, Pleasant Ridge and Magnolia) in conjunction with the local Boy Scout Troops, Magnolia Leos and the Meadowlarks 4H group host the Spirit of Giving Holiday "Free" Shop, a community service event to provide free holiday gifts for community members in need and to raise money for Women of Worth, a local non-profit organization serving families in crisis and assisting victims of domestic violence in Placer and Nevada counties. Community members were invited to come and shop from our nearly new and gently used items. Guests are able to select two gifts at no charge for each special person on their holiday shopping list. Gift wrapping is also provided at no charge! Shoppers who chose to "pay" will be making a donation to Women of Worth.
In 2008, we served over 60 families who selected gifts for more than 450 people. We also collected cash donations of $580 for Women of Worth.